Christmas Chocolate Cupcakes
These chocolate cupcakes are a breeze to make, and my go-to if I'm looking to whip up something quickly! With a hectic week on my schedule, I didn't want to be experimenting too much, hence I went back into the method that I've been using since I was 12 to make these chocolate cupcakes.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1 cup sugar
230g or 1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking power
1tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C, and prepare a 9x15in cake tray using parchment paper.
2. Sift the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In another medium size bowl, whip the eggs on high speed until frothy.
4. Add in the softened butter and sugar. Continue beating on high for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients are well blended.
Note: You may have some clumps of butter, which is okay.
5. Add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence, and beat on medium speed for another 2-3 minutes.
6. The end result should be a thick batter that can be scooped into the baking tray. Set in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top becomes slightly crusty. Alternately test with a toothpick.
For the icing, I was looking for something that would be simple for me to pipe onto the cupcakes. This recipe by Two Sisters Crafting was exactly what I was looking for! I just added a drop of blue food colouring for this light blue Christmasy effect, and topped it with some Christmas decor.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you're all celebrating this joyous occasion with your loved ones. Happy baking!